Blogroll

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

-Korean skincare routine-


Herb and Relief Pore Perfect Foam Cleanser Flash Homme line from The Face Shop. I use this in the shower. I know it's for guys, but it's meant for oily skin. I don't use it as often anymore though, but on super oily days it's quite nice. Very refreshing. My mom got this and a toner for my dad, but seeing that he doesn't use it, I took the liberty. Sometimes I use the toner too, but not very often because I don't see the need to use toner. I do want to start using toner though. It doesn't seem so bad.

Olay Regenerist regenerating serum (fragrance free). I know, this is an anti-aging serum, but my mom and I use it. It's cheap for me to use because I didn't pay for it (my mom did), and it doesn't break me out. Why use something else if it works out fine, right? I use this in the mornings as a moisturizer.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF55. I know, also expensive, but I like this a lot and it doesn't irritate or break me out. I used to use Neutrogena, but my skin doesn't like it as much. Plus, my mom also uses this, so it's cheap for me. Nothing wrong with using the same skin care as my mom! I use this every day, no exceptions. The one day I didn't wear it, I got a sunburn on a cloudy day and now my skin is peeling. That sucks.

Gentle facial cleanser from Trader Joe's. The interesting thing is, my sister, who has generally good skin without taking care of it AT ALL (seriously, she can just wipe her face with water and not use sunblock or moisturizer or anything and not get acne) will break out if she washes with this. Not sure why. I use this when I'm washing my face at the sink. I believe it brightens the skin too, since it has Vitamin C, but I'm not sure if I buy into cleansers doing anything other than cleanse.

Tea Tree Oil. I use this on my pores occasionally at night. Not very often. I use this more on my legs so they're not itchy. It smells strong, so I don't like to use it during the day on my face. I'll usually wear this with some Bio Oil.

Bio Oil. Now, I know that acne prone skin should avoid mineral oil, and this has it, but in my experience I have not had problems with mineral oil. I thought I did (along with titanium dioxide and -cone products), but after using BB Cream successfully, I figured mineral oil is okay for me. I use this SUPER sparingly at night on a moist face. SUPER. SPARINGLY. Even though I have oily skin, this works alright on my face, and the next day my skin is very soft and brighter. I've used it for a month now, and I'm not experiencing breakouts related to this, and it doesn't irritate my existing acne.

Likas papaya soap. I use this in the shower three times a week. It's marketed as a whitening soap... but I see no whitening on my skin? It's really good for loosening the top layer of my skin so I can scrub it off. It helped my skin out when I used to have bad breakouts, and now it's a little too harsh to use every day. I let it sit in my skin for maybe 20 seconds, rinse, then gently rub my face with my fingers to rub off dead skin.

Tretinoin cream. I use this very occasionally at night if I have acne. Sometimes I put it on my nose to get rid of blackheads, but I've long given up on that front. It's a retinoid product that I got from my dermatologist to get rid of my acne, and although I don't have any now, I still use this once in a while as needed.

NeoBenz Micro cream. Benzoyl peroxide in 3.5% sample I got from my dermatologist too. I use this as spot treatment for acne after cleansing my face if I'm not using the retinoid cream. I like this a lot better because it's gentler and I feel it's more effective.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management